12-27-2019, 07:12 AM   #423
stevenc
Coming Soon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 Alphine White MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Sorry man, you're wrong. Literally every single manager or above in accounting in a decent size company is making six figures. This would be about 4-6 years of experience.

There isn't a single big 4 accountant who is a manager or above making less than six figures. Just those four companies alone probably employee over a hundred thousand people.

If this is news to you, then I don't know what else I can say. I am a CPA - I don't have a single friend who is in the accounting field that I know who is making less than about 80k a year - and those making that are young kids. Anyone at mid level management or better is 100k plus.

In addition - I never said 2mil a year was 'common' - I said $200K a year was common - and it is.

Both of you are right. Since im the guy who sparked the conversation, ill say i make around $400k as a partner for regional firm. HOWEVER that is not the norm. A good CPA can expect to make around $100,000 - $130,000 once they make manager. There are plenty of average CPA's who will make $75,000. To make real money you will need to make partner or go into industry (senior management level).

As with all professions, you need to be smart and hard working to earn the real money. Average people will earn average wages regardless of their certifications.
Appreciate 3