12-27-2019, 01:04 PM   #426
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Lol - probably not. Engineering pays quite well and probably less stress than dealing with the numbers.
I've always been pretty good with numbers and math came easy...that's why I went into Engineering. But I wouldn't want to "crunch" numbers all day long...no offense Run Silent .

In the last 10 years or so, most entry level Engineers I have worked with depending on type typically start in the $90's range and end up breaking $100K after the yearly bonus.

Amount of time in and management is when you really start to break into the Mid $150's+. I have a ME and CH E...plus a Maintenance group reporting to me.

You can also do freelance work like you mentioned in the other thread especially if a PE. I used to do a lot of that (7 years) almost doubling my salary....but came to realize that it wasn't worth my time once you average out the extra taxes you pay past a certain point vs. the time away from family.

So now I just do consulting work on the side if I want to. I consider it "play" money whether it be cars or investing. But I support maybe 2-3 local businesses now...so not much.

But something as simple as programming terminals for POS in restaurant chains can bring in easy money very quickly especially if you offer fair rates and have good customer service skills in my field of work.
MKSixer34173.50