02-10-2020, 06:55 AM   #26
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by randybobandy View Post
Hmm. I guess I live in a land of unicorns and rainbows. I thought the whole point of USB Type C was faster transfer speeds? I know they didn't go with fast charging, but seems like they screwed the pooch if the data transfer speed isn't quicker.

Edit: Isn't at USB-C at least 3.1? I really wish there was more technical specs in the owner's manual. I scoured the tech documents, and they don't go into any depth either. I'm sticking to wireless everything!
As others have mentioned, USB Type-C isn't the same thing as USB 3.1. USB Type-C is just a connector shape, and the underlying technology could just be USB 2.0 or USB 3.0.

The other point of transitioning to Type-C connectors is for more compact ports (1/3 of the size of old Type-A connector) and reversible connections. Type-C also supports a variety of different protocols which can output HDMI, DisplayPort, VGA, and audio.

Appreciate 0