View Single Post
      08-10-2017, 08:48 AM   #8
335dlci
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335stoner View Post
For me if it is not a common failure point im not going to touch it..

I had a run in with my jeep commander that almost cost me the engine... I went to do an oil change and when I dropped the belly pan I saw coolant! so I went to the store and bought a water pump and installed it.. I finish the job and go to burp the coolant and everything went well, but I was not getting hot air in the rear unit I thought it was air and needed a drive.. take it on its maiden voyage and everything was fine then the temp gauge shoots over to hot I pulled over and let it cool and got it home!! though it was air I burped the motor so many times it was not funny... I tried so many different things I would never get the "air" out of the system.. turns out the plastic impeller on the water pump was not seated correctly when it was molded... when the truck was sitting idling the water pump would spin enough to cool the motor, but when you drove the water resistance would not allow it to cool enough when I finally took the new pump off I could hold the impeller and spin the pulley... got a new pump and everything was golden.. that motor overheated (never boiled over) more times then I would like to admit every time I thought it was good it got hot.. Autozone took care of me when I brought them the pump after 3 days they gave me a new bottle of coolant without me even asking for anything other than a swapping the pump. That is enough for me because good customer service is hard to find without raising hell which does not make it good anymore...

wow little rant I had here sorry hahaha I feel better now.. all that to say I will wait till this style of pump leaks before I change it, its not like a timing belt pump.
Sounds like it wasn't bled correctly.
Appreciate 0