View Single Post
      02-06-2024, 03:44 PM   #1
qtx5
Rep
Drives: BWM X5

BMW extended warranty or 3rd party warranty

I recently bought a CPO 2021 X5 xDrive40i, loving it!

At the time of purchase, the dealer only offers 3rd party extended warranty provided by Zurich, it's a comprehensive coverage (coverage attached, confirmed it covers air suspension as well which is the major factor why I want to have a extended warranty), contract term 96 moths/85000 miles, expiration 01/04/2029, $100 deductible.

I was able to negotiate from $4500 to $3900, I know it's not recommended to buy extended warranty at time of purchase, but the finance manager told me that price is only available at time of purchase, and it can be canceled at any time. He recommended me to shop around afterwards, but don't miss the deal. So I bought it.

Then I started shopping around, the premium BMW extended warranty's term is one year less than Zurich one, but unlimited mileage (I don't drive a lot so the Zurich's 85,000 miles cap is not a problem for me.), the price is around $3000 - $3600 depending one the deductible.

Does anyone have good experience with Zurich extended warranty? I was debating between stay with Zurich one or go with BMW extended warranty.

Appreciate your inputs!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf ZURICH.pdf (1.19 MB, 184 views)
Appreciate 0