View Single Post
      10-26-2021, 02:18 PM   #4
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD View Post
Yessir, I figured I was late to the game on this question. The reason I asked is because I'm interested in getting a G05,...and many I'm finding ,...with desired options don't have the "Self-Driving" Lane Keep. I'm sure a new Module is required,...as well as some Coding. That is, if it's possible. Ty
Just so you don't confuse yourself or anyone else, we should probably define what you are asking for. In your first post you mention "Lane Keep Steering Assist" which is a safety feature and not a self-driving function. Lane Keep steering assist will make steering corrections if you are going out of the lane.

What I believe you are looking for is Assisted Driving (sometimes referred to as Cruise with Steering and Lane Control, Steering and Traffic Jam Assistant or simply as Cruise Mode 2) and Assisted Driving Plus (Extended Traffic Jam Assistant) which is total hands free in certain circumstances. These features are part of the Driving Assistance Professional Package.

All that said, anything is possible to add but it would likely be cost prohibitive. The hardware definitely is not there for all G05s. In addition to the camera, you will likely need sensors, radar and a new steering wheel. My advice would be to make sure the vehicle you buy has the option and not even think about adding it.
Attached Images