View Single Post
      06-05-2008, 04:16 PM   #18
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish View Post
I have the other trunk lining but I haven't put it in yet. I still need to order the DQXS. With the subwoofer spacing issue fixed, I'm 99.9% sure I don't need another sub. Especially when I get the DQXS, I can really dial it in perfectly. With the new trunk liner, everything will fit and hide away as if there was no audio work done to my car at all.

I really didn't want to add the weight since I have an M car. I bought that Alpine PLT-5 and the sucker weighs close to 50 pounds. I spent a ton of money on an titanium exhaust to shave of 37 pounds and it would be lost the moment I put that sub in there.

I am attaching something that I hope someone might find useful. It is the template I use to cut my spacers. It takes a lot of time to get it right and this template is damn close. To use this, you need to have a printer that is capable of 11x17 printing or a sticker cutting machine that can cut this out for you. This is not for 8.5x11 printers!!! I just made copies of this, used spray glue to adhere it to the 1/4" MDF and I used my jigsaw to cut these out. Cut the middle circle out first! Once it's cut out, test fit it. You can use silicone or if you have a super hot glue gun some hot glue to adhere it to the box. Once that's done, position your speaker on top, then drill some small holes and you can actually use the OEM screws for the subwoofer to hold it all in place.

One is in landscape and the other is in portrait. Play around with those settings so that your printer can print it out correctly. Do not resize/scale the template or else it won't work!
Excellent contribution, badfish...
Appreciate 0