View Single Post
      02-17-2020, 09:30 PM   #1437
karateboi87
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAL2GK View Post
Follow up on my visit today to finalize paperwork with dealer. I had negotiated a deal based on percent off MSRP and had specific numbers with the understanding that I’d qualify for whatever rebates/incentives are in place at the time of delivery.

Today they tell me that the $2,000 BMWFS rebate was already included in the original discount. I call BS but they swear left and right that any dealer would include this rebate in their negotiated deal because that $2,000 is paid to the dealer on a cash deal or on a financed vehicle.

Someone either confirm their story or back me up here. I received a quote from a competing dealer that supposedly didn’t include and rebates, so I should've Received an extra $2k off their quoted rate.
That's just total BS. The difference between a rebate and discount will be VERY clear on the final bill of sales. You are taxed on the "sales price" which is MSRP minus discount. Any rebate is applied to the post tax amount. It's impossible for them to include the rebate into the "sales price". In other words, you still pay taxes on the rebate amounts.
Appreciate 0