View Single Post
      02-25-2020, 07:02 PM   #15
Young04
Captain
Rep
Drives: iX, i4 and 392 Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewolfbmw View Post
It's a little but of a lengthy saga but basically I like the size of the X5 and how I feel driving it. Thought, the nex X5 is much bigger to drive than the outgoing F15.

I traded my '16 X5 50i with 77k miles for a 2019 X5 40i build. After the 1st day, there was an issue with drivetrain. BMW and dealership were very proactive and in short time, I had a 2020 X5 40i build (should have just gone into M50 then). I was able to trade that in for a X3M build without getting hurt. In fact, their MSRP's were only different by 150 (79,845 vs 79,995) and my payment on the X3M was 20 less a month. Buy, not lease. I went to X3M because I missed the power and wanted the X3M.

I drive a lot and I realized the X3M isn't as comfortable for me on my long drives. No issues with ride, it seems as it had softened. For me it's the sport seats, a bit narrow for me and the car is dying to be driven fast....all the time. It's an amazing suv.

So after having the new X5, I know what I am missing in the size and a bit of luxury. Discussed the new X5M with dealership but I think it will be a bigger, meaner and angry suv that just wants run and not a the daily driver for me.

I was luck to lock in a great trade in January before the rebates on the 2020 X3M increase 2fold and the 2021 go into production.

Probably sounds crazy but it is what it is for me. lol
Nah, it all makes sense. Thank you for your perspective. I ask because the X3M, M550i and now the X5 M50i are candidates for my next vehicle. Just trying to collect people's thoughts.

I test drove the X3M a couple of times and found the ride to be ok. Not a demerit per se, but certainly not a "pro" in the pro/con analysis. My hangups with the X5 M50i are cost and I already have an X7 so I wonder if it will be too similar.
Appreciate 0