United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 Competition (G80)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young04 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewolfbmw View Post
If I can give you my opinion...with having a X7 in the stable, I would would look very hard at the M550.
I test drove the M550i a lot, loved it, with right options. Exhaust note in sport plus was best out of those 3.
I don't have room for a 3rd car, mine and my daughter's, if I did, I would have a car but I like sitting up higher on the highway...so suv.
The rebates on the M550i are significant and the discounts to match. Not sure what the LCI for 2021 will look like.
The X3M would be good if you want to hit a track day every now and then.
The M550i is a true sleeper.
I don't disagree with any of what you said. I will add that I'm not sure whether the M550i is quicker than the X3M at full tilt but it certainly feels quicker in everyday use on account of its vastly superior low end torque.

My hangups with the M550i are mostly practical in nature - I do a decent amount of city driving and those 20 inch wheels with rubberbands for tires (I don't like the 19 inch wheels) are going to leave me with multiple blowouts. Also have some concerns about how low the car sits. I used to have an Infiniti Q50 Red Sport that I would bottom out regularly on the inclines and driveways that I encounter and I believe the M550i sits even lower.

Finally, I like the looks of the M550i the least (though I think it is ok).
I agree on the 19's...only good for winter on the M550i, if even then.
I have heard of blow outs on the 20's but never meet anyone that actually had one but I would hate to deal with it.
I quickly spec'ed out one similar to my M50i build...was only less by 6k. So not that much of a difference.
Dynamic handling is a must or at least for me coming out of the X3M.
The M550i felt faster to me.
If you dont need or desire live cockpit and ID7, the X3M will be on huge discount in March and April. 11% discount and $5500 (if not more) discount for buy.

I am going to test the Dragy on an M50i tomorrow as I am attending a BMW'S launch of the new 2 series 4 door.

Also, the X5 M50i will have 2 additional interior options starting with April builds. At some point, they will allow M Sport seats like you can order on over seas spec'ed builds. That might be for 2021 MY
Appreciate 0