Pictor
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX xDrive50 & 2020 M850i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young04 View Post

My hangups with the M550i are mostly practical in nature - I do a decent amount of city driving and those 20 inch wheels with rubberbands for tires (I don't like the 19 inch wheels) are going to leave me with multiple blowouts. Also have some concerns about how low the car sits. I used to have an Infiniti Q50 Red Sport that I would bottom out regularly on the inclines and driveways that I encounter and I believe the M550i sits even lower.
I'm not going to comment on wheels/tires since that seems to be very dependent on driver and location but the ride height of the M550i surprised me. Going from a 'standard' F10 535dx to the M550i I was expecting more scrapes approaching steep driveways or inclines but I haven't. The higher riding F10 had more issues because of the softer suspension. Note that I wouldn't mind a bit more firm spring rate not he M550i. We have steep hills in the city of Seattle with sharp breaks and I haven't had problems with the bottom scraping either although there where times I felt I came VERY close. That said, my lease is up in April and the LCI G30 won't start production until later in the Summer so I'm looking at the X5 M50i as well although that would make us a two X5 household and I'm not sure how I feel about that.
Appreciate 0