kyrix1st
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G87 M2; E92M3 MT&DCT; M3 euro

Garage List
2004 BMW Z4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Frequent change at the top is indicative of chronic or unsolved problems.

Actual personalities of those two involved aside, I find it a bit disheartening that the flagship BMW division cannot find a sufficiently strong and passionate leader, with a sufficiently strong vision that can endure the test of time, and who doesn’t want to move over to anything else.

You know, like Andreas Preuninger over at Porsche GT.

Someone who lives and breathes Motorsport and wants to make M cars be head and shoulders above the competition (as much as that is possible in an era of omnispread technology). But at least someone who doesn’t want to rise to the top because the M division is already the top of his list.
BMW had a strong, passionate leader called Albert Biermann who built M cars since E30 M3 and they lost it.

https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...lbert-biermann

"They just called me on a Friday evening. I said, “No, I’m not interested.” I started to think about Hyundai and what it was doing with Kia, and also about how far South Korea had come in a short time. But the key thing was that M was heading somewhere I didn’t want to go. The guys who used to do crazy projects were gone. So I was thinking maybe Hyundai isn’t a bad idea at the end of my career. Then a few things happened, like the double-clutch transmission was canceled for the M5, and I thought, “This is not my game anymore,” and I left. My plan had been to retire after this M5 launched, but suddenly I had a new adventure."