09-06-2021, 10:09 AM   #6
Wait What?
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 xDrive 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyliner10004 View Post
sorry to hear about this! This is the reason why i didn't wrap my current car after wrapping my previous. Any single tap against anything hard will damage the film.

Without replacing the film, it will look uglier than the "tap" without the film to begin with. Now i'd have to pay 2x (once to apply the film, once to re-apply the film) to replace it.

The film barely protects anything other than the slightest rock chips and clothing rubbing on the car.

nZtiZia let us know how the paint looks after removing it and what you decide on doing to repair
Actually, I think the PPF saved him a lot of money by protecting his paint from those nasty scratches.

nZtiZia can comment on it, but I think he just had to have the PPF replaced on the affected panels (not the whole thing), so I don't expect that to be very expensive. Had he had to fix the paint on those same panels I think it would have been much worse - and it would have taken longer for him to have his car back.

nZtiZia, sorry for what happened to you, but I am glad the PPF did what it is supposed to and underneath your car was pristine!
Appreciate 1
nZtiZia4646.00