View Single Post
      10-11-2021, 01:11 AM   #7
kwarden13
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Yup, and, as others mentioned, water beading. Spray some water on the hood: if it beads, it's coated, if it sheets, it's not.

But further, you didn't mention the age or condition of the car/paint.

If it's not new (and for many, even when new) the paint needs correction first to:

(1.) Ensure the coating adheres & lasts
(2.) Ensure the paint has max luster BEFORE it's coated

If your detailer didn't do any paint correction and/or your vehicle wasn't new (like days old max), then even if water beads, it probably won't look much different; i.e., the detailer simply coated over what was there, rather than correcting what was there and THEN coating it.

My 2 cents is, for most people willing to do a little elbow work every few weeks, ceramic isn't close to worth it, and it actually complicates things (since it's a semi-permanent coating - you lose options; you can get = or better look for $100 with a little work every month) ...

If, on the other hand, you just want it max shiny for min labor on your part - and cost isn't a factor - then ceramic can be a good idea.
The back of my car looks drastically different from the rest. It has dirt stuck, does not bead, I hosed it and nothing happened it. My car was new and ceramic coated less then 3 weeks ago. Wondering if they just missed the back.

Btw anyone reading this, unless your are enthusiast I would not bother with ceramic. You can just professionally clean you car every month. I paid $1400 and am not wowed by any means. And I still have to wash my car.

Appreciate 0