nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5pacey View Post
You guys are doing it yourselves sounds like?
[…]
Hence, I was hoping for a "miracle" solution ... i.e. a "ceramic" (lol) coating that lasts for years. I could even swallow the initial $ hit, within reason. Though PPF is insane IMO.
after initial ceramic coating by my detailer 8 months ago, I haven't done anything. I just purchased a bottle of Gyeon Quartz Cure Matte ceramic top coating mainly to support my detailer, and I plan to apply it before winter hits, but not that I need to since I still get excellent beading.

like you, I don't have time invested in frequent car care. between ppf and ceramic, it's the ceramic that will make your infrequent hand washes go quickly.

my ppf install was transformative (went from glossy to satin), but with BMW being 'soft', I would recommend at least front bumper and fenders, full hood and A pillars, but it's all relative to your travels really. the 2 months before ppf, I picked up several rock chips driving local only. while those were fixed, I didn't need paint correction because any factory defects were hidden under the satin ppf.

as a caveat, while these products may lower maintenance intervals and keep it looking 'better for longer', don't expect any ROI like some people do.
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18183.50