Drives: BMWs

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
after initial ceramic coating by my detailer 8 months ago, I haven't done anything. I just purchased a bottle of Gyeon Quartz Cure Matte ceramic top coating mainly to support my detailer, and I plan to apply it before winter hits, but not that I need to since I still get excellent beading.

like you, I don't have time invested in frequent car care. between ppf and ceramic, it's the ceramic that will make your infrequent hand washes go quickly.

my ppf install was transformative (went from glossy to satin), but with BMW being 'soft', I would recommend at least front bumper and fenders, full hood and A pillars, but it's all relative to your travels really. the 2 months before ppf, I picked up several rock chips driving local only. while those were fixed, I didn't need paint correction because any factory defects were hidden under the satin ppf.

as a caveat, while these products may lower maintenance intervals and keep it looking 'better for longer', don't expect any ROI like some people do.
Gyeon recommends regular application of Cure to maintain the coating, e.g. a sacrificial layer. Now they have developed a wax. Sort of funny b/c prior to this everyone said not to wax ceramic.

It may be a lot of work to coat the vehicle but that will be paid back in spades when washing. Especially, the wheels, I use soap and water now! If you apply the coating to a wheel, especially the barrel you can feel how rough the finish is which is where all the brake dust accumulates, when coated there's no more nooks and crannies or at least they are smoother and slicker. I cannot overstate how happy I am w/the coatings.
Appreciate 1
nZtiZia4656.00