10-15-2021, 12:16 PM   #10
5pacey
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 X5, '22 X5e

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanger24 View Post
I paid a shop to do opticoat on my last car. Close to $1000 about 4 years ago. It was ok.

For our X5, I did clay, paint correction, polish, then used Gtechniq panel wipe, crystal serum light, exo on top (sacrificial layer) and c2 monthly. Might be over kill but looks great. Car was new so minor prep.

Took me about 7 hours. Cost was about $200. Labor was free.
Soo... when you say "It was ok." could you elaborate? Doesn't sound like you were/are thrilled. Also, did it last? In theory, according to their warranty, it should still be protective now (If my memory serves, its 5 yr warranty, but it could be for a diff level treatment).

I am looking at $1299 for Opticoat Pro, or $1699 for Pro+. Wheels and calipers are extra. Not sure if glass is included. Elsewhere across several threads I've seen people mention that Opticoat Pro(+) has lasted for them. The other treatments mostly sound (from my googling) much shorter in lifespan and most require regulare re-applications at some level. Which sounds like a PITA especially if you are paying $$$ to begin with. If you do it yourself for $200,- or so, and then have to re-do it every few months thats reasonable.
Appreciate 0