01-19-2019, 11:09 AM   #12
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
True that it is grey area.
FYI though, Porsche offers wheels spacer.
My 997 C4S built with 5mm spacers all around. OEM Porsche spacer and I believe it was manufactured by H&R.

Doing custom wheels where it change the width and offset from stock setup, behaving exactly the same as wheel spacer.

At the end of the day, it comes down to, if you are not comfortable, don't mod.

Even with aftermarket USB power adapter, you are in risk of voiding your warranty. Because it may cause electrical issues.
Corporate tries to upharge you for something that you can buy aftermarket at fraction the price with a warranty scare tactics.
Sometime it may be true, most of the time, they are just trying to dig deeper to your pocket.
Absolutely, it’s crazy. We had a guy in our PCA club a few years back that had a dealer deny his factory warranty work for a drivetrain issue because of wheel spacers. Porsche play the “modification altering factory specifications“ card.
Totally ridiculous but he ended up paying it and now using an Indie. This is the manufactures way to getting you to only use their OEM parts.
Some dealers are cool about it and I would at least feel them out with a few questions first.
Appreciate 0