c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
Hey I live in NJ ranked #3 in gun laws. It's a paperwork and approval process to buy a gun. Not a big deal if I really want a gun for hunting or target shooting, etc. Have a bunch of friends that have them for those purposes. Or I can just drive 15 minutes to Camden and buy a gun for cash right on the streets.

Overwhelming odds are that that gun is brand new and originated from a straw sale in Ohio where apparently it's easy to buy many guns. Then drive them to NJ for quick cash. Most of the crime guns in NJ are traced by our NJ State Police back to straw sales in Ohio.

You won't read complaints in other states about crime guns traced back to straw gun sales originating in NJ. If all states had stricter gun laws everyone who qualified could still get a gun for hunting or target shooting. But the availability of straw crime guns would dry right up.

I've got friends who are local cops who never know when someone is going to pull one of those damn Ohio straw guns on them. A cops job is tough enough. They and their families should not have to risk their lives more just because Ohio has lax gun laws that allow easy straw sales. It really pisses me off. The solution is so damn easy!
What is the solution?
Appreciate 0