United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
Hey I live in NJ ranked #3 in gun laws. It's a paperwork and approval process to buy a gun. Not a big deal if I really want a gun for hunting or target shooting, etc. Have a bunch of friends that have them for those purposes. Or I can just drive 15 minutes to Camden and buy a gun for cash right on the streets.

Overwhelming odds are that that gun is brand new and originated from a straw sale in Ohio where apparently it's easy to buy many guns. Then drive them to NJ for quick cash. Most of the crime guns in NJ are traced by our NJ State Police back to straw sales in Ohio.

You won't read complaints in other states about crime guns traced back to straw gun sales originating in NJ. If all states had stricter gun laws everyone who qualified could still get a gun for hunting or target shooting. But the availability of straw crime guns would dry right up.

I've got friends who are local cops who never know when someone is going to pull one of those damn Ohio straw guns on them. A cops job is tough enough. They and their families should not have to risk their lives more just because Ohio has lax gun laws that allow easy straw sales. It really pisses me off. The solution is so damn easy!
What is the solution?
Tougher laws in every state that prevent straw gun sales, or a federal law that does the same.

Other states have the same complaint. Massachusetts is supposed to have the toughest gun laws in the country. Most of the guns used in crimes in Massachusetts come from straw gun sales sold in states bordering them. If all of those New England states had laws restricting straw gun sales then the availability of crime guns would dry up and everyone would be safer both the cops and the public.

It wouldn't prevent hunters or target shooters from buying guns. But it would stop it from being easy to make a quick buck by buying a bunch of guns in one state and driving over the border to sell them in another. People looking to make a quick buck would do something else, like sell toilet paper and hand sanitizer!
Appreciate 3
Littlebear3509.50
minn1914037.50
Logicoeur992.50