View Single Post
      03-21-2020, 08:44 PM   #66
cooolone2
Captain
Rep
Drives: 20' M240iX B58, 01' 330XI E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
I will be the first to say that 90% of folks that carry concealed are not very well trained even to the extent that they don't know what situation they could handle. The fact is that the likely scenario is that a crime with a gun occurs close to them. The likely correct response would be to take cover. After that your actions would be dictated by what you are able to handle.
Other than your anecdotal post, provide validation of your assumptions of the 90% as it is well off the mark. Military and Law Enforcement, active or otherwise that carry are trained. And obvious by your post is the ignorance of all the "Training" systems and provisions available to firearm owners throughout the U.S. I've been to many States, and have yet to find one that does not have ranges and associated training. Any training I've participated in is well sold out ahead of time. Go ahead, try to get a spot in the Sig Academy!

Quote:
I carry when I am going to a restaurant where I will be sitting down. I'll carry on a trip. I don't carry in a grocery store.
It works for you, that's good.

Quote:
Your basic untrained John Wayne (even if he/she goes to the range) will be carrying 14+ rounds and an extra magazine. There is no way in hell they are trained to fire off that number of rounds.

I don't totally disagree with your opinion. But again Americans have that right.
Well, yes, expressing opinions is great, they're especially entertaining when they're factually inccorect. Any people obtain their so called knowledge from the internet, then regurgitate it as fact. Your "John Wayne" statement is very telling and invalidates all your other assumptions.

Fact is most firearm owners are knowledgeable, not only to the laws surrounding the ownership, but it's use. And quite frankly, your posts align the koolaid program that there is some sort of asocciated qualifications for exercising 2A Rights. Wonder if it would be ok to assign the same litmus to your speech, or opinion as you've noted. How about only those who've passed qualifications on certain subjects be allowed to publicy express their opinion?

And the possession of amount of ammunition, just lol, obviously you are not very well versed in the typical firearm encounter.

Check your facts and become knowledgeable, you'll appreciate it.
Appreciate 0