Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anterialis View Post
Hi!
In the original state, the BMW X5 45e with air suspension changes height when changing mode (sport, electric, hybrid etc.). The other day I was parked in the highest mode with the suspension in hybrid mode before turning the car off, barely clearing an obstacle when parked. When starting the car up, it went from the previous "hybrid" mode to "electric" mode (default start up mode...). This ment that the air suspension lowered two steps and the car lowered itself onto the obstacle, creating a small scratch in the paint underneath the front lip.

I want to avoid this in the future by not letting the car change height automatically. I want the car to lower only when manually flipping the height switch next to the gear leveler.

Can I use a simple coding app, eg. Bimmercode (?) or simliar, to achieve this?

Thanks !
We haven't (yet?) found a way to code control over parked height strictly manually and even automatic height control associated with different default driving modes appears buggy in everything except Comfort and Adaptive (which I suspect effectively defaults to Comfort as well) — I suspect this implies that BMW engineers didn't anticipate manual/default height function well.

Most people want default manual height to be low for looks and ease of exit/entry. But you have another rather excellent case for inhibiting the random automatic height changes when parked. I don't have air suspension, but all of you that do should gang up on BMW and demand this functionality. Seriously; there are plenty of good reasons and this is just a design miss, nothing more based on random behaviour when coded to anything other than default Comfort/Adaptive.