View Single Post
      02-20-2021, 06:28 AM   #65
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
As a millennial I see a lot of chicks who are very closed-minded. There's a reason my generation has a reputation for being self-centered and always wanting to have their own way.

I'm not a very political guy and consider myself mostly moderate. I know that compromise is a part of relationships, and even if your viewpoints differ you should be willing to respect one another at the end of the day. I have friends on both sides of the political aisle yet we remain friends because none of us are extreme and we can agree to disagree.

However it seems like most girls have very radical left-wing viewpoints and don't want anything to do with a guy who doesn't think exactly like them. Of course the other side is guilty of this too, but the overwhelming majority of millennial females are of the former persuasion. This militant attitude is a major turnoff for me.

Oh and another pet peeve: social media obsession. It reeks of insecurity and/or narcissism.
Totally agree. And it's not just the millennials. It's pervasive across the board with many women these days. Been doing the online dating thing since November and the number of profiles that put their political viewpoints front and center is astonishing. I chatted briefly with one lady that kept pushing the political angle even though I didn't want to talk about it and she is in her 40s. Another one in her mid 50's that reached out to me also had her politics front and center in her profile.

Another data point are my FB friends that I met through my dancing. It's amazing how the vast majority of them (men and women) are extreme far left.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34184.50
Germanauto9702.50