View Single Post
      08-05-2020, 09:15 AM   #48
ND40oz
Major
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_DE_CKB View Post
Sounds good, I am not up to speed on the BMW nomenclature for the idrive versions and updates, I'd love to use my connected and apple carplay capability. I believe my 2018 BMW M2 has the idrive 6.0, it is apple carplay capable, so not sure if I'll ever get it working while in Germany. I do have the Euro maps running off of a usb thumb drive, they work fine. But I really would like to use my google maps via the apple carplay for the traffic information.
Yeah, iDrive6 you're stuck without CarPlay unless you go third party and use an fsc code to enable it. Luckily when I picked my X3 up from the Welt they gave me the usb stick with the maps. I gave it to Bavarian so they could provide it to people who didn't want to install the Euro maps.

One thing I found is if you don't have the maps installed or even running off of USB, Speed Limit Info doesn't work. So even though the camera is capable of reading the signs, I guess because it doesn't have the backend speed limit database included with the maps, it doesn't show.
Appreciate 1
A6bullet337.00