Biorin
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: to get cheeseburgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKapeesh
Quote:
Originally Posted by carzaddict View Post
im glad you created this thread, im in a similar boat.

for renting, this is a risk as well. obviously you want to make sure your income is greater than your mortgage + property tax. Yes you run into issues with tenants, normal house wear and tear. My parents had a situation where the tenant decided he wasnt going to pay rent for a few months...we took him to court and the judge allowed the tenant to stay an extra 6 months (there's a bigger story, too long to type). But basically we had zero rent for a year on that property.
This is my worst nightmare.

Buying something rent and having a mortgage but tenant doesn't pay. I guess I will wait on the real estate idea until I can pay at least 50% of the house upfront.

As far as stock, I discovered if your not buying at least $500 at a time the transaction margins will eat the profits in short term trading.
There's an app/brokerage called Robinhood that will allow you to trade equities for free, no catch. They offer virtually no research or analysis tools, but if you've got a way to do that elsewhere, it's a nice way to execute a bunch of small trades that would otherwise not be worth it.

I also like OptionsHouse, and find that to be the most reasonably priced of the online platforms.
Appreciate 1