View Single Post
      08-19-2015, 09:47 AM   #28
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1022724

i created the above thread a little while ago. it has some good discussion.

i got started in real estate and i love it. i own three properties. two are rentals. it takes patience, time, research, and confidence in yourself (because there is some risk involved, and you must be confident in your research).

i purchased my first rental in 2012, and it has been rented by the same tenant ever since. i purchased my second rental in 05/2015. it is now rented, but it took almost three months to rent it. i was renovating it for a month and a half, and i was very selective. sometimes it is worth it to eat the mortgage for a month to be selective and pick the best possible tenant. that is where patience is important.

$37,200 of my gross yearly income is directly related to my investments in real estate. i don't profit nearly as much as that, but i'm making a respectable profit each month.
i'm no expert, and i'm still learning. i'm gaining write offs, some monthly profit, someone else is paying down my mortgage, and the property is appreciating well.

be patient and disciplined. don't get emotional with a property. if the numbers aren't right, go the other way. deals are like busses, there will be another one in five minutes.