01-22-2020, 07:51 AM   #4
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanC84 View Post
Placed my order for a new 45e at the weekend after much deliberaton of PHEV vs EV.
I currently have an F15 30d M Sport.

Spec is..

x5 45e M Sport
Alpine White
Black Vernasca Upholstery
Aluminium Tetragon trim

[Heat Comfort Pack]
Heated door arm rests
Heated centre console arm rest
Heated steering wheel

[Visibility Package]
Laserlights
High Beam Assistant

[Tech Pack]
Harmon Kardon Sound
Display Key
Heads Up Display
Drive Recorder
Parking Assistant Plus

[M Sport Plus Pack]
21" 741 M Alloys with run flats
M Seat Belts
Dynamic Safety
Sun Protection Glass
Highgloss Shadowline Exterior (black grill, exhausts etc)

Free BP Chargemaster Install at home.

Delivery is currently estimated at end of June!

Contemplated changing the trim to Piano Black.. but I have 2 young kids and dont want easily visible scratches!
Also, did a lot of reading on Mineral White vs Alpine White. Fixing scratches etc isnt as easy with Mineral White, so opted for Alpine.

Originally opted NOT to have the laserlights.. but the blue accent in them along with the different DRL persuaded me. Looks so good!!

I wanted Soft Close doors and being a career geek, the Comfort Access.. but couldnt justify the cost of the Comfort package for those 2 items when in reality, I wouldnt use the rest really.

Few questions that i'm hoping here, you knowledgable folk may answer, that BMW Genius' were not able to..

1 - When using purely electric.. does the regen braking/kinetic transfer get put back into the battery or is it wasted? I dont expect it to recharge, but if it reduces consumption of the charge, i'm happy.

2 - When idle on Electric, is there much consumption? On taking one of our children to school each day, I have to sit and wait for about 30 mins. Currently I leave the engine running with the radio on, air con generally at 19/20.

3 - Charging. When fully charged, does it just simply stop charging? What I dont want is to have a full charge at say 4am.. and for it to keep somehow utilising energy until I unplug it at 6.30ish.

More so UK folks-

4 - Does anyone have any experience with the chargemasters? Pros/Cons?
5 - Does anyone make use of charging bays and have a subscription to a charging service? There are plenty of charging providers out there.. but is there a 'main' provider? Etc.

Thank you!

And thank you to everyone who has posted in topics/threads previously.. this forum has been a massive help with my research :-)
Some additional info.

I do use public charging because they are often free and in the best spots. So often If I don't find a parking spot I still can find a place with a charging point. I have new motion card. (now Shell charge). But to charge your battery when you park less than 3-4 hours isn't going to do much. You can often use one card with different providers like roaming with your telephone. But you have to so who works with who.

I don't really like the tetragon. To busy for me but tastes may differ off course. One thought a scratch of tetragon will really show. I had piano black when my kids where 6 and 7 and it scratches indeed but not to a point it really bothered me to much. I have fine line stripe now and happy with it.

Good choise with the lasers (see some other threads)

I have softclose but the doorse are quite heavy and they kind of softclose by them selves anyway. Comfort acces on the other hand is really nice to have.

Driving assistant plus is nice to have and the DAB tuner too.

For 3. You can program your car to be fully charged and pre heated on departure time. And you can also program that it only uses night hours to charge if electricity is cheaper during night hours. So it would just start charging at 22h00 for example even if you plug in at 17h
Appreciate 0