Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemetier View Post
Quote:
Good info however all it takes to set off a detectors laser circuit is infrared in the wavelength similar to LIDAR. This is why some Led car lamps can trigger a detector. If BMW is using LEDs that emit IR, this could be the cause.
Hence why I specified the additional IR/ToF units excluding the Rain/Solar Sensor since that's been around for so long. Instead of guessing, grab a roll of electrical tape and determine which is the issue. With different options come different sources.

Front false radar is probably limited to Active Driving Assistant Professional when Intersection Collision Warning is Active.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therealmatzaman View Post
Ok, there's no question this looks ghetto as hell. But until we figure out a better way this little shield setup seems to do the trick. I didn't disable any features in the car like gesture, etc. I also didn't disable laser.

All quiet. I don't think the laser is going to be hindered at all.
Lol. Yes pretty ghetto but clever.

The rear laser sensor is between the number counter and the band identifier. About center of the detector. The tinted window on the right is the rear radar horn antenna. If this truly does the trick, could be a reflected IR output from something on the dash or the center console.

I'd try covering the console and areas of the dash to see if you can narrow it down. Cover with an opaque solid material where the IR cannot bleed through.
That won't work for Gesture Recognition false rear Laser. There's nowhere to mount it that doesn't place the detector sensor within the cabin IR zone. That would resolve the touchscreen scatter IR false returns.
I agree you've identified the obvious sources. After reading this thread I'm leaning towards an unconventional source of IR. Maybe something mounted in the console or overhead lamp assembly.... I'm thinking outside the box on this at the moment.

Others have said they disabled gesture control and it still falsed. However disabling the option might not disable the hardware.... In which case pulling fuses might be required to eliminate potential sources.
Turning Gesture Control off only disables response, it does not shut the system off.

Touchscreen is also a culprit due to scatter and as has been mentioned, scatter from the Driver Monitoring Camera bouncing off the driver.

There is no need to pull fuses when electrical tape works where hardware cannot be disabled.
Appreciate 1
BMWM5NYC496.00