View Single Post
      01-25-2021, 08:25 AM   #44
AmooManiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 M50i -> M2C -> 21 M5C

I don't think either is "fake." The BMW comes with quads stock (for the M50i), they just don't stick out.

One is a minor continuation of the stock look, which is fairly simple to do and barely noticable. It's for people who either have chrome tips and just want to change them to black or they want the quad tips to be better presented through a separation without actually having round quad tips.

The other one is a double tip look, which I think some people here don't prefer because it looks like a tip coming out of a tip. If I was going for a true quad round look myself would have done what I did with my 550i - which is to replace the whole diffuser and just get the quad look without the "double" tip (stock tip and quads on top.)

But like you said, this is what sets the BMW community apart from others. We have options and we all prefer different things. That's why you will not see the same car twice from an enthusiast perspective. There really is no right or wrong answer with something as subjective as this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
Thanks for all the insight and opinions folks...... good and bad.

My taste isn't everyone's taste, and that's ok. I didn't like to look of "fake" tailpipe finishers, and prefer the look of a "true" exhaust.

Last edited by AmooManiak; 01-25-2021 at 12:02 PM..
Appreciate 0