03-02-2021, 01:06 AM   #32
samvora
The Dark Knight
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36, E46, E90, G05 and MB W205

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg05 View Post
For people with an incompatible or older system, or if your range is bad on your opener, this may help. We have two Audis (ordered X5 should be here any day!) and the Audis are notoriously bad for Homelink setup. My one garage door was also getting a lot of interference that I couldn't identify for the life of me (landscape lights, new appliances plugged in, etc).

This is a range extender for garage doors and gates. Super easy to install and really increases range for the opener. Looks complicated but super easy to install. Older opener that works except for the receiver? This is a much cheaper alternative to replacing a whole opener unit. Took care of my interference issue perfectly!

https://www.amazon.com/LiftMaster-85...198&sr=8-4

You have to order a power adapter and have an outlet nearby (or split your opener outlet) but be aware that there are 2 power adapters, one has to be wired to the opener and the other plugs in. I went with the latter for ease of use. You also have to buy remotes and I suggest some bell cable to reach other openers in your garage but all of this added up was WAY cheaper than a good opener and the installation hassles with that, plus not sure a new opener would have solved my interference issue. This unit can be installed closer to a door or window and I believe has a stronger signal than the internal units.

In our Audis, we have to pull the fuse for the side radar sensors when programming our homelink. For some ridiculous reason, they made those the same frequency as a lot of garage door openers. SMH
Can you send the link to the power adapter you bought please?

Also, I am confused as to how do my 3 garage openers connect to this unit? Do I have to run a wire from each receiver to this unit and if yes then what kind of wires do I use? Does it come with instructions to do this?
Appreciate 0