View Single Post
      01-06-2021, 06:57 PM   #40
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M50iMWGuy View Post
I've attached the relevant pages from the X3M manual and the X5 manual.

On the X5, the Steering and Lane control Assist has one major difference between how it functions on the X3M - specifically, on the X5, the function is disabled when you apply the brakes (highlighted). This does not occur on the X3M.

So, while I do acknowledge that it might be possible to engage the Steering and Lane control assist and not have ACC (although the manual seems to suggest otherwise - highlighted in purple), it seems pointless if applying the brakes is going to turn the function off.

Again, I do understand this is not the same thing as the "Lane departure warning" function which is a part of the Intelligent Safety system on both vehicles.
I will suggest once again, please step back and read the manual and try and understand what it is saying and not what you want it to say.

As far as the the bolded passage above, no one anywhere in this thread has stated that is possible. Saying things like that is what leads people to believe that you do not understand the systems.

The Steering and Lane Control is mode 2 of the Adaptive Cruise and has nothing to do with the steering for the Lane Keeping Assist with steering. As stated previously, the lane keeping assist is only active when you are not using the cruise or when you are using Mode 1 of the cruise.

The Lane Keeping with steering assist is enabled by using the setting below.

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 5.54.40 PM.png
Views: 2401
Size:  87.9 KB

Until you get a better handle on the Driver Assistance features it probably would be best that you don't use them as it could be dangerous to yourself and others. Good luck.