View Single Post
      11-25-2020, 01:44 PM   #16
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Long ago in the last century, I worked for a BMW dealership as a summer job to help pay for grad school. It was the same store where my parents bought their 3 and 5 Series, so they knew me and that I was a bit of an enthusiast. Made great money in one summer. It was also interesting to be on "the other side" for a while and listen to how the long-term sales people thought and handled customers. The following year, I worked at a Porsche-Audi dealership in the city where I actually attended grad school, and made a bundle that year with Audi 4000 and 5000s. Not many Porsches, although the few test drives were fun. The sales manager kept for himself a blue 928 which he would take to lunch and bring back drunk. Saw a lot of openly dishonest behaviors in that store, even minor things, such as lying about a certain paint color being hard to match if a repair would ever be needed simply because we didn't have one in stock. But, sold a lot of new cars and had a lot of fun doing it. They asked me to drop out of school and work full time. That was not going to happen.

Went on to build a career at another vehicle manufacturer HQ in Michigan for almost 25 years before early retiring. Came out of a boring retirement to work for a Tier 1 auto industry supplier. This stuff gets in the blood and never leaves!
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0