View Single Post
      11-26-2019, 01:42 PM   #53
Pete7_li
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenGas View Post
Happy to report issues are now fixed it’s precisely part #3 on both rear axles reported by Totalangle.
So update on my end, just got the car back; my dealer inspected the rear differential and saw that while the dust covers are not damaged, the right side was not sitting flush, so they repositioned/reseated the cover. The impression I got is that--at least in my case--this may be a temporary fix; so we will see how long it lasts (I could be updating this post tomorrow, haha). Since mine was just on one side, I'm just speculating may be that's why they had such a hard time to duplicate it and why it comes and goes? Anyways, my service advisor also mentioned to me that BMW is aware of the issue and it's apparently a design flaw; the dealer thinks there will be a service bulletin or recall "at some point", so we will see whenever that is.

A little more context, I spoke with BMW USA directly last week which led to opening a case and having a case manager assigned who worked directly with my dealer's service department director to help speed things up and document my issue in detail. BMW may also reach out back to me to do case followup and I will let y'all know if I learn anything new. Please continue to share your experiences here if the issue comes back. Happy holidays!

Last edited by Pete7_li; 11-26-2019 at 01:49 PM..
Appreciate 0