View Single Post
      05-04-2022, 07:04 PM   #49
GotBeemed
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 997 911, F95 X5M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisM1 View Post
Can I get a price as well please? My X5M was built after 1/1/2021, I want to so catless Down pipes or High Flow. But I don't want CEL problems.
PS I have the Fi Exhaust and I would recommend it. So far it has gone one winter and there are areas that surface rust, however, I think I may be able to polish it out if I catch it soon enough. Fitment was a hassle, to be honest. The tolerances are very tight where the exhaust is routed between the rear subframe and where it connects to the secondary downpipe on the driver side (between the exhaust and factory heat-shielding. Took me multiple times installing, driving, and adjusting to get it to NOT rattle once heated up. With this exhaust, you will lose the soft exotic note of stock and exchange it with a more throaty muscle sound that is elevated in volume. With the valves closed and secondary cats removed, the exhaust is still quiet. Open the valves and it comes alive with zero drones. Remove the primaries and it becomes an absolute animal.

Some have recommended going with the FIExhaust or similar Primary and secondary cat removal pipes and retaining the factory exhaust for a much loader tone while retaining the exotic note and saving a lot of money.

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 2