GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nh50i View Post
I think I will at least start with the Nova Lustre route. On the site it says useage of approximately 25ml per application. Does that sound right to you? Would love to try the product a bit before going with the larger bottle, but will be doing my entire vehicle, including summer wheels.
lol, tbh I have no idea, I'm more of a spray & go guy. Also I think a big part of it is what media you prefer to apply it with & how (some people leave 50% of the product in their media!)

Personally I like an extra large MF sponge which, for water-based coatings, I dampen with de-i water and then squeeze out, then spray the coating onto the sponge, and apply, then use a low to med GSM tight-weave high quality MF (s Korea) to buff dry.

Their small bottle should be fine but if you don't mind spending the extra $$ might as well get the liter because you'll probably want to re-apply every few washes. You don't NEED to do that really, but you'll WANT to do it

Beyond that, the most important things are:

(1.) Do your own maintenance washes & do them right!!

(2.) Clean off bug guts, bird poo, tree sap, etc right away. I carry around a small spray bottle of rinseless wash pre-mixed and some MF in my trunk. DON'T LET IT SIT! And try not to let your dirty car sit in the Sun as it'll bake on & bond road spray, etc that makes it harder to wipe off

(3.) If your car is dirty, don't let anyone touch it before you wash it!

With all that, you'll get micro-marring, just how it is, but if you do all the stuff above it'll take a year or so.

THAT'S when you get a polisher. And, really, it's SUPER easy and not dangerous in any way. You'd really have to try double extra hard for quite awhile to do any damage.
Appreciate 0