Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 X5/M50i (ordered); &

Garage List
2014 BMW / 650  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
Congrats and glad you're enjoying the car.

I sometimes wish we had gone for the 50i/M50i with DHP. At the time (and still now I suppose) we viewed the X5 as just an uber-comfortable family hauler. And for that purpose the 40i has plenty of power, and the air suspension along with acoustic glass and the luxury seating package all combine to make a very serene and relaxing driving experience. Sort of what Lexus should have been but they're stuck in the year 2010.
There is no one perfect car for everybody. We each have different expectations, desires and needs. We don't have children in car frequently (grandchildren are older); I do all driving; we drive 5K miles/year; local traffic is easy and roads are in good shape; snow is not concern; gas is cheap; I need room for golf clubs/gardening, etc. Change a few of these issues and the car can change dramatically.
If I was still working and used for commuting I would have gotten the X5/40 as I was pleasantly surprised with the power, reduced luxury (leather seats/dash/trim) and chosen premium vs executive package as I would be putting on more miles and leaving at airport for extended periods. (Don't miss those business trips at all).
Appreciate 0