04-23-2024, 12:59 PM   #22
Gladiator1972
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2025 X5 x40i (in production)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestocj View Post
Hello All,

New to the BMW family! Picked up a new 2024 X5 x40i down at the factory in late November. We’ve traditionally been a Toyota/Lexus family but decided to join the dark side.

Wife wanted to upgrade from her Sequoia so we started looking at the luxury brands. Didn’t like any of the new Lexus vehicles and she test drove the Genesis GV80 but didn’t like the feel. Didn’t like the looks of the Audi Q7 and the reliability of Mercedes isn’t very good. That left the X5 and the Volvo XC90.

She liked the Volvo a lot and liked that there was a bit more space in the back and had the 3rd row. But after driving it and then the X5, it was over. The XC90 engine was inadequate, the ride unrefined and it seems to have a lot issues. The X5 is a marvel of engineering and a true drivers call.

The final deal closer was after we got done test driving the X5 and were looking around the lot, she came across a Manhattan Green Metallic with the M-Sport package, and she fell in love. Ordered through a broker in Sept and went with the Tartufo interior. Went down to the factory to on a Friday to pick her up.

Got her home and went to work. Modifications thus far:

Two layers of Gyeon Mohs Evo
Topper layer of Gyeon Cancoat
Leather treated with Gyeon Leathershield
Front windows tinted with Llumar IRX and the rest of the vehicle with Air80 including the pano and windshield

Planned:

Ordered blacked out badges from Ind Dist. for the back
Wheel gap annoys me so I’ve already reached out to Ben about MSS Urban Springs and 15mm/20mm spacers
X5M Roof spoiler
3D Design front lip
Eventually will go with JB4/Racechip down the road

Been reading all the threads on the community for the past year as we did the research in preparation. Great source of information and look forward to being an active member going forward.
Georgous color combo, I was looking at the same built.
Appreciate 0