View Single Post
      12-15-2019, 07:17 AM   #7
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
You should be fine with the sDrive. AWD does not help with handling in the rain.
Should be fine with me sDrive but to say there's not an advantage to having AWD is inaccurate. Even if you live in a dry climate, sDrive and xDrive will not be the same. In ideal dry conditions the AWD system will give you an advantage in traction over the sDrive. Think of the scenario of pulling into traffic from a parking lot. Making a hard right turn, if you accelerate too aggressively you'll lose the back end and traction control will kick in. An AWD varient of the same car will not experience this. When it rains, the difference will be even more drastic. It's not just for snow mud ice etc. There's a reason why the top engines in the lineup only come in x drive. And why Porsche, lambo and other exotics come with AWD.

Is the sDrive a death trap? No, absolutely not. I've been driving a RWD ML350 for years and I was able to make it through unscathed. Will the xDrive be noticeably better? No question it will.
Appreciate 0