View Single Post
      01-22-2014, 10:08 AM   #18
avlnch
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 Individual M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthColin
Hi guys, I am a 1M owner, and plan on getting an M5 in the next 2-3 years.
I really want to get the frozen blue paint, but I am most concerned about constantly getting layered in bugs on the front surfaces of the car. Namely, the front bumper, mirrors, front of the hood and the front of the A-pillers. What is this clear-bra you speak of? Is that the same as the 3M or equivalent protector? Is it plastic, and very noticeable? I've read elsewhere that it is not as big a deal to take care of as was originally thought. Just not buffing basically. My dealer told me to stay away from it, but I find that I can't resist the cool look of it. Bugs are a major problem for me. Am constantly rubbing them off of my 1M in the summer.
Read my post above. If you prep the car properly, apply a good sealant or wax, and let it cure, the bugs don't stick and the few that may from time to time aren't a issue.

I personally stay away from clear bras. I don't like having anything ontop of the paint.. it changes the feel and I just generally don't like them. I haven't put it on any of my cars and have had no issues. I also don't purchase my BMW's - I lease them.

Just because you have a frozen paintwork doesn't mean you need to clear bra. But if you like to put film on your cars, I have heard good things about suntek matte protection film.