View Single Post
      08-06-2020, 11:23 PM   #2
denis_auckland
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 GO5

Hi everybody, nobody has posted anything about this rattling noise at low speed around 1,200-1,800 rpm so maybe there's not a lot of people that have the issue, which is possible...
So because the noise really bothers me and it's getting louder and happening more often, I continued to investigate a bit. I can't say that the dealership I bought the car from has been super super helpful...for them, it's a characteristic noise of the M50d because the other 2 they had from the same month of manufacturing were making it; although a lot less loud than mine... Yeah right...

Basically my G05 M50d is an August 2019 built from Spartenburg but it has a March 2020 software update. So I tried to find another M50d from a different batch; it's not super easy because all these cars sell faster than usual since none of the potential buyers can spend their money on anything else at the moment...

After telling my story a dozen of times (I'm really sorry to all the sales and service guys that have had to listen to it...), I managed to find one at another dealer in Auckland and I drove it for about 15-20 min and surprise ( I expected it a little bit though), it doesn't make any noise at all!
If anything the engine (with 4,300 km) felt a bit more silent than mine at 2,200km, even if mine has the double glazing at the front.
This M50d is a November 2019 built from Spartenburg (I guess there's only one factory, right?) but it has a November 2019 software update.

There could be some other random reasons why my G05 is doing that rattling noise but it looks like it could be some parts of that August batch or the software that's playing and making things funny.

if someone with any technical knowledge of the G05 exhaust (or how the M performance exhaust works) or has any other hypothesis, that would be nice if they can post a little note! the car is still under warranty anyway ! or anything that could help! Thanks in advance!

Last edited by denis_auckland; 08-07-2020 at 01:16 AM..
Appreciate 1
SE12313.00