View Single Post
      10-09-2020, 01:06 PM   #13
Consuldean
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 21'' X6MC (F96)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
The F-series cable should be fine and correct. Some vendors have updated to include the G-series statement, but most are sufficiently careless to not have done so. But there is little to no magic in that cable and the OBD mechanical shape is completely standard for a couple of decades now.

Yes, mechanical damage can cause a little trouble. The reason your last adapter was hard to unplug is because the damaged part is a lock and you likely didn't press on the right spot to unlock it. Hence the damage.

At this point, get a decent flashlight, climb into the footwell, and observe the insertion directly to verify.

I personally think it's the USB-C interface that doesn't work in Bimmercode on either Android or iPad Pro — has not (yet) been proven to work in past testing on either hardware, I believe.
Trust me - I did that... I don't want to force too much either risking to damage the port. But at the same time, I don't see myself going to the dealer with the cable asking him to plug it.

I'm due for service in November... maybe I'll wait until then to see if they'll try to plug their system there as well. Or just try again.

I'll keep you all informed either way.
Appreciate 0