Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCCane View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
If the X5 M rides anything like the X3/4M I wouldn't want it, incredibly harsh ride in the X3 M, even caused my dog to throw up in the back when we had an overnight test drive the car simply sees a bump and transfers it into the cabin and its occupants, even if its an M car its inexcusable in an SUV in my opinion, not to mention there are other SUV's that handle well or even better than the X3/4/5/6M and still are comfortable (Porsche Macan/Cayenne, new GLE63).

I imagine having an X7 which rides buttery smooth on air suspension will make you notice every little bump in the X5 M, I'd recommend a Cayenne, X5 M50 or GLE63 for a better ride but still fun and fast SUV.
Apologies for derailing the thread but how did you go about getting the dealer to allow an overnight test drive? I'm about to be in the market for a new ride and would love to have this option.
I'm friends with the manager and my salesman, and have bought cars from them for over 20+ years so I'm a "priority customer." The X3M I test drove was also used, with 4k miles so they didn't worry about a few extra miles (only added around 120) and my salesman thought I would buy it since he knew the wife and I were in the market for an SUV for my dog Finn and our grandchildren, since my son is taking his old X3 to college.

I'll add that the ride was so harsh that my dog couldn't fall asleep, he barked/whined when hitting bumps, and like I said in my original post he barfed in it (luckily on a towel). We decided the X3 M was overkill for our needs and purchased a GLC. In the end wife is happy with the Merc, but even more so Finn is happy that he can sleep in the back of the car and he hasn't thrown up at all
Appreciate the info! Sounds like an established history might be needed in order to get an overnight test drive. Happy to hear the family is happy (especially Finn)!
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25083.00