View Single Post
      05-10-2020, 10:30 PM   #13
G050i
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05) 50i w/ M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB316 View Post
I installed the X pipe first, then tune and downpipes were installed conjointly by the same shop. I wouldn't typically recommend running downpipes w/o a tune for reasons beyond just the CEL light.

And to shadow on 130ftdeep's point, he is absolutely correct. At our law firm, we work partly with this area of the law (lemon law, manufacturer warranty protection, etc.). I'd recommend referencing the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act of 1975 which was a federal law passed explaining the 13 step process manufacturers much abide to in order to effectively deem ones warranty "voided". Even in the event they are able to, the chances of having your entire warranty voided instead of a portion of it is unlikely. For instance, say you were to tune the car and you blew a part of the engine as a result of pushing too much boost. BMW would most likely void your powertrain warranty while keeping the other portions of your bumper to bumper intact.

And shall I add, what I have provided you is in no way legal advice nor should it be interpreted as such

Haha thanks for the solid info and the disclaimer at the end is duly noted. Also thanks to 130s input as well.
Appreciate 1