View Single Post
      05-29-2020, 08:46 AM   #59
GSG5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5MC (MBB/SS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jukedogg View Post
I'm officially on the island of doubt. I placed my order 6 months ago. Will they build my X5M, maybe so, maybe not...BMW, please get me past status 140, X5M shipping to Paducah, KY there's only one currently. MBB, 809M wheels, SS, Al CL Trim, BW, DAPP, EP, MDP. Legooooo, pretty please
Have you considered just buying one of the HEA cars in MBB? As you probably know, there are about 35+ out there for sale on Autotrader. Your build is obviously different (AL CL vs CF and SS vs Blk). Given the uncertainty about timing on my build over the last couple months, I’ve certainly considered just buying one of the HEA cars, but I just can’t bring myself to give up on the SS interior...that’s really the only difference from my build. It’s not that I don’t like black interiors - it’s that I’ve had black in my last 3 cars and just want to change it up. I’m continuing to hold out...hopefully production doesn’t get pushed out any further.

Good luck on yours. It is strange that they haven’t assigned you a production number yet (if that is still the case). I haven’t specially ordered a BMW before this so I don’t know the process as well as others, but I thought all allocations have a specific/unique production number.
Appreciate 0