01-24-2020, 03:31 PM   #180
quick6
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M6,BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Looking for some opinions...

Wife and I are going out Sat night to celebrate our 20th (!!!) anniversary, which is actually mid-week next week. To my surprise she asked me last night which wine I was bringing (to a steakhouse) because allegedly I told her I was saving a bottle for our 20th. I was planning on taking a 2010 Casanova de Neri Tenuta Nuova Brunello that I have wanted to try for years (have 2 bottles). She kinda made a face, despite not knowing anything about that awesome wine, but I’m not gonna waste it if she is already making faces.

So, as an alternative, I was thinking of taking either a 2013 Opus One (only bottle), 2014 Cardinale (have 2 bottles) or 2014 Lokoya Mt. Vedeer (have 3 bottles). All were expensive and I think all will improve with age for years to come, but I have some others that will age and have come to grips with opening a bottle early for this special occasion (especially given that the expectation bar was set high last night).

Thoughts?
All great wines and you have excellent taste and a large budget!!
If it were me, I'd suggest the Opus One and let the others sit for awhile. Of course, its usually good advice to drink what the wife wants on such a special occasion, haha. Congratulations and best wishes!
Appreciate 1
RickFLM410968.00