View Single Post
      03-02-2020, 12:28 PM   #10
nyteryda3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i - LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
honestly, there is nothing great about LA, neither is there anything to stop and see from LA to vegas. just fly to vegas. you're describing a waste of a day.
no offense to this guy but don't listen to him. I drive LA to Vegas multiple times a year. i think you and your car bros have a nice plan and it would be more enjoyable than directly flying into Vegas. if you really wanna have fun, all 3 of you should rent fun cars and caravan road trip it!

depending on the day you are going, most likely your drive to LV wont be longer than 5 hours (a drive back to LA from LV on a Sunday is a different story). plenty to see in LA after you land grab the car, grab some breakfast with the boys out on the beach by the airport (El Segundo/Manhattan Beach), grab goodies from the dispensary if that's your thing, and then hit the road to LV. The drive is nice and easy and plenty of room to open up the car. There are some cool stops along the way (Baker, Alien Jerky, Outlets, etc...) but for the most part its just a nice easy drive through the desert.

you can get a nice fun car (not exotic but not economy either) from most car rental companies. If you have AAA insurance then use Hertz(member discount and free additional drivers. If you don't then go with SIXT, they have many nice options especially european cars. I've rented Benzes, BMWs, etc... from many of their locations all around the world.

2009 BMW 335i 6-MT: M-Sport - ST Coilovers - BBS LM
Appreciate 1
243Racing1447.50