View Single Post
      03-02-2020, 01:03 PM   #12
MaximusB
Major
Rep
Drives: 13 Frozen White E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro* View Post
I would skip that drive from LA to Vegas, and just rent something awesome in Vegas via TURO. That's what I have done before, was quite a lot of choices of nice cars on TURO in Vegas.
That was another option that we talked about. Because one of the day in LV a few in the group wants to go check out the grand canyons. Not sure why they wanna do that on a boys trip. But I'm planning on skipping that with a few others. So we could potentially do a rental in LV that day and drive out somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyteryda3 View Post
no offense to this guy but don't listen to him. I drive LA to Vegas multiple times a year. i think you and your car bros have a nice plan and it would be more enjoyable than directly flying into Vegas. if you really wanna have fun, all 3 of you should rent fun cars and caravan road trip it!

depending on the day you are going, most likely your drive to LV wont be longer than 5 hours (a drive back to LA from LV on a Sunday is a different story). plenty to see in LA after you land grab the car, grab some breakfast with the boys out on the beach by the airport (El Segundo/Manhattan Beach), grab goodies from the dispensary if that's your thing, and then hit the road to LV. The drive is nice and easy and plenty of room to open up the car. There are some cool stops along the way (Baker, Alien Jerky, Outlets, etc...) but for the most part its just a nice easy drive through the desert.

you can get a nice fun car (not exotic but not economy either) from most car rental companies. If you have AAA insurance then use Hertz(member discount and free additional drivers. If you don't then go with SIXT, they have many nice options especially european cars. I've rented Benzes, BMWs, etc... from many of their locations all around the world.
Thanks. Yes, Alien Jerky came up during my search as well. I wouldn't mind making a stop there, along with a few other places. That's the idea, we each rent a car from SIXT (best available option so far) and caravan this leg of the trip. At first the idea sounded fun but now we're looking more into it, it starts to sound tiring as we might be trying to cram too much into a day.
Appreciate 0