View Single Post
      03-02-2020, 03:34 PM   #20
MaximusB
Major
Rep
Drives: 13 Frozen White E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
so vancouver to lax is about a three hour flight. add an hour and a half to get to the airport and get through security, plus another hour just getting out of lax and to the rental place. if you really want to see a bunch of bums, drive around for three hours. driving from the middle of LA to vegas is going to take longer than usual, you're talking 5-6 hours depending on when you leave LA. thats almost 15 hours of travel and driving around doing almost nothing. i'm telling you man, its a shit plan. too much for one day.
Yup, that is exactly why we decided to fly direct to LV. Timing is too rushed and cramming too much into one day. I've been to LA a few times and yeah the traffic isn't fun. Also the first night of our trip usually involves lots of drinking and catching up. Guys are meeting up for first time in a year and what not.

This is almost the 20th consecutive year of our boys trip, dating back to our university days. Over time some of guys moved to the east coast and/or to other cities. This is our way of keeping in touch and see everyone once a year. So the 3 of us who were gonna do the drive wasn't to make it the highlight of the trip, it was more of a side thing that one guy brought up. Although now I might push the idea of doing a road trip next year. The last road trip we did was probably 6 or 7 years ago.
Appreciate 0