View Single Post
      04-16-2020, 04:29 PM   #13
GSG5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5MC (MBB/SS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibiza View Post
It's due to the timing of my current lease, as to I need to submit the BMW CCA rebate for a 2021 sign date for the X5M as I will submit a rebate this year for another M4 vert lease. Only 1 rebate per calendar year.

SS is a beautiful interior, as my current M4 vert and replacement are full SS.

I would cancel your order for a MY 2020, and see what new options are added for MY 2021 if you don't mind waiting an other 4 months.
Thanks. Yea, I’m leaning toward that path forward - I like the idea that perhaps the 2021 will have a couple new options (e.g. LED Sky Lounge). It would be one thing if the dealer was giving me a meaningful discount on the 2020, but they’re not (at least not yet), so there just isn’t much incentive to pull the trigger in June on a 2020 if the 2021s can be ordered 60 days later for virtually the same cost.

The only caveat is that I have a sales tax credit sitting with this dealership from a car I traded in last Thanksgiving - under TX law they can only apply that credit on the purchase of my new car if I take delivery of the new car within 12 months of that date. So if ordering a 2021 means that I can’t take delivery of it before about Nov 25th 2020, I lose the credit (which is worth ~$7,500).

We’ll see. There is really no need to make a decision now anyway as nothing is getting produced for 2020. Just need to see how things play out over the next few weeks (or longer) before production starts again.
Appreciate 0