Originally Posted by Too__Hu///Mble View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNightKitchen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Too__Hu///Mble View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake_Late View Post
Oh great,
more clever and expensive gimmicks to try and sell these hideous Skechers shoes on wheels. The X6 should never have been born it's the ugliest silhouette BMW has possibly ever created. Who is running the ship over there ? Designers should be fired honestly. I hope and pray that they read this.
Hear these words ☝🏼stop making hideous SAVs. I've never seen a car with a worse identity crisis as the X6. Why would we want to draw any more attention to it ?
BMW should have kept the 4er GC and added an S55 option, another huge error in their ways.

It's not your style. It's an EXTREMELY polarizing model.

It's a Swiss Army knife of cars. Part truck, part sedan and part Coupe.

It has a utilitarian factor to it. A niche car that started a wildfire.

It's the reason we have:

X4
GLC/GLE
F-Pace
Velar
Urus
Q8
Levante

It created a new car segment and arguably the reinvigoration of the SUV surge in the USA.

Curious on what your favorite car is?

Drivers of an X6 are bold and daring.
Drive to be different. Something positive should be said for that.
I'm sure Acura wants to murder all of you for stealing it's thunder.
I'm sure Acura wants to murder all of you for stealing it's thunder. [/QUOTE]

True. Didn't The ZDX came after the X6?

Can't leave out the grandfather. Pontiac Aztek[/QUOTE]
Pontiac Aztek was essentially a modified FWD Chevy Venture, etc GM Minivan. It's "better" looking sibling the Buick Rendezvous was essentially the same thing underneath but with a better interior and less polarizing exterior.

Pretty much those were the first "crossovers" and they were nothing but glorified minivans with none of the practicality or space efficiency of the vehicles they were based from.

I am no fan of the X6 but comparing to a Pontiac Aztek from 2001 is simply ridiculous and shortsighted.

The 1999 Aztek concept was actually decent looking but sadly bean counters and the predominantly bad management of GM at the time ended up producing the Quasimodo of minivans:
Attached Images

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 1
Brake_Late1936.50